Arthur Burrell and Daniel Morgan purchased this building in 1900. Previously known as the City Roller Mills, it was reopened following the fire that destroyed the Harvest Queen Flouring Mill. The structure was located at 205 E. Jackson, just east of the bridge. The posted sign reads "NOTICE: Wheat must test 50 pounds and be sound and free from rye to bring full price." It operated as a flour mill until after 1920 when Burrell and Morgan turned it into a lumber mill.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Flour & meal industry
Further information on this record can be found at its source.