Here is the Central Fire Station with its new hook and ladder (back) and motorized engine (front). Following a fire which burned the C.G. Conn company to the ground, the city began motorizing the department. The first motorized fire engine was ordered but did not arrive until after the Star Match factory also burned to the ground. The fire department was completely motorized by 1916.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Fire engines & equipment
Further information on this record can be found at its source.