Collection Order
<< < > >>

Marion Club, Indianapolis, Indiana, circa 1910

Description: Postcard showing the limestone exterior of the Marion Club between 1906 and 1914 when a three-story addition was added. The building served as a meeting place for an all-male membership of Republicans in Indianapolis and housed perks such as a gymnasium, swimming pool, and bowling alley. The building was razed in 1929 for the expansion of the Indiana Bell telephone building (later AT&T) that continues to stand in 2019.
Origin: 1910, circa
Source: http://indianaalbum.pastperfectonline.com/photo/E7F38355-2CC7-45D0-9846-975115843979
Collection: Indiana Album
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/
Geography: 243 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States
Subjects: Evan Finch Collection
Buildings
Clubhouses
Indianapolis (Ind.)
Marion County (Ind.)

Further information on this record can be found at its source.