Maurice Truex opened the Hotel Truex in the Short Building at 116-120 West Marion Street in 1917. He continued at that location until his death in 1944, while the hotel business continued until 1965. The building served as office space for owner St. Joseph Valley Bank through Feb. 1974, when it was demolished for parking space for the bank's new building at the corner of 2nd & Franklin.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.