Elkhart's Central School opened in 1868 following the destruction by fire of the prior building. An annex was added in 1884, as seen in Photo 2. The building seen in Photo 3 replaced the original Central School and was actually two buildings, built in 1908 and 1910. The entire complex was torn down to provide parking for the new Elkhart County Courts building, seen in the background left in Photo 4.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.