In 1912, Elkhart's German Lutheran congregation built their new home on the northeast corner of Second and Harrison streets. It was later known as the Evangelical Lutheran Church. In the second photo, one can see that some of the building's embellishments have been removed. A small park replaced the church when it was razed in January 1973 and still occupies the lot.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.