This photograph of the library was taken in 1961. The Elkhart Carnegie Library opened in 1903 on the northeast corner of Second and High Streets. At the time, it was suggested that the library building would be used to house government offices when it was no longer in use as a library. The new library was to open in 1963. In 1970, this building was razed and the site now serves as a parking lot.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.