Collection Order
<< < > >>

Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount

Description: The Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount is located at 3003 Benham Avenue and is part of the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary. The Seminary relocated from Chicago in 1956 and the church was organized in 1958. The seminary received its accreditation in 1964. Ground was broken that same year to begin construction on the chapel. Much of the work was done by volunteers and funded by many donations. On June 5, 1965 the building facilitated a combination dedication and commencement ceremony. It was designed by architect Charles E. Stade.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/isl4/id/417
Collection: Elkhart Public Library
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/;
Copyright: No Copyright - United States;
Subjects: Elkhart County (Ind.)
Historic buildings
Churches

Further information on this record can be found at its source.