Charles Kasper was in the grocery business beginning in 1910. He was situated on Second and Walnut for several years before he moved into the location at 507 East Main Street in 1930. This had been the site of a grocery store since 1878 but most probably the earlier grocery was torn down and the present brick building was then erected. Charles Kasper ran the grocery store until 1943 when he retired and sold the business to his son, William. The Kasper family ran the grocery until 1975, when it was sold to James and Emogen Konkle. It remained a grocery until 1978. Since that time there have been various businesses in the building.
Harry Lemen, photographer
River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Further information on this record can be found at its source.