The original building was built about 1863 by John Craig and Fred Dubach as a dry goods store. It was modified and remodeled down through the years. In 1889 Nicholas Horuff and his sons operated the dry goods store. In the mid-1940s, it became the Goodman-Jester Department Store. Later it was the Mills Department Store. It now is filled with specialty shops. The Knoebel Clothing Store, Rexall Drug Store and several other businesses can be seen in this Main Street snapshot.
Harry Lemen, photographer
River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Further information on this record can be found at its source.