This building housed a drug store in 1886 but by 1903 Levi Danner owned a grocery store here. The store was called the "Red Front Grocery Store." He kept the grocery until the mid-1920s when John Sample took over the building for a feed, flour and seed store. It was a feed store for the greater part of its existence, but in later years became a laundromat. Picture taken circa 1920
Harry Lemen, photographer
River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Further information on this record can be found at its source.