Collection Order

◁◁ ▷▷

Holwager Grocery - 117 West Main Street

Description: Louis Holwager started a grocery here around the turn of the century. In about 1909 his son, Oliver, took over the business and continued until his death in 1944. The Holwager family remained in the building for several years as a residence. In the 1960s it passed from the Holwager family and was for a time a private residence. In the 1970s Wycoff Pottery opened in the building and in the 1980s it was the Greenhill's Pottery Shop. It is now a private residence.
Created By: Harry Lemen, photographer
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4038coll5/id/181
Collection: River to Rail and Lemen Collection
Copyright: Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Geography: Indiana-Jefferson County-Madison
Subjects: Grocery Stores
Business enterprises

Further information on this record can be found at its source.