This Indianapolis Power & Light Company plant, also known as the Perry K Plant, was built in 1893 on Kentucky Avenue near its itersection with West Street in Indianapolis, Indiana. The plant was used for street and commercial lighting and, later, for steam heating of local businesses. In the 1930s, the Kentucky Street plant and nearby Washington Street plants were renamed the Charles C. Perry Plant, sections K and W, respectively. In 2000, Indianapolis Power & Light Company sold the Perry K plant to Citizens Gas and Coke Utility, later known as Citizens Energy Group.
Indiana State Library Photograph Collections
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Marion County (Ind.)
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
Citizens Gas & Coke Utility (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.