Collection Order
<< < > >>

Reformation Day services at Cadle Tabernacle

Description: This photograph depicts a Reformation Day service, sponsored by the Church Federation of Indianapolis, held at the Cadle Tabernacle. The Cadle Tabernacle, built by Howard Cadle beginning in 1921, was located at northwest corner of Ohio and New Jersey streets in Indianapolis, Indiana. Earning his wealth in the shoe repair business, Cadle spent $300,000 to build his tabernacle, which featured a seating capacity of over 10,000 people. In the 1930s, the church began broadcasting its services on the radio reaching audiences in various parts of the country. The Cadle Tabernacle was demolished in 1968.
Origin: 1950-10-29
Publisher: Indianapolis Star-News
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll13/id/1949
Collection: Indiana State Library Photograph Collections
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-EDU/1.0/
Copyright: In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted
Geography: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Subjects: Marion County (Ind.)
Indianapolis (Ind.)
photographs
buildings
streets
city life
church buildings
people
men
women
Reformation Festival
flags

Further information on this record can be found at its source.