Central Fire Station with new pump engine

Description: Outside the Central Fire Station (then on Franklin Street), these fire fighters proudly pose with their new Webb Pumper motor fire engine. Between 1910 and 1916, the city worked to motorize the fire department in an effort to keep up with the emergency needs of a growing city and its population.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/isl4/id/394
Collection: Elkhart Public Library
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/;
Copyright: No Copyright - United States;
Subjects: Elkhart County (Ind.)
Fire stations
Fire engines & equipment

Further information on this record can be found at its source.