Photo 1 is an 1893 view of the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern depot at Elkhart. The building was demolished and replaced by the depot building in the next two photographs in 1900. The LS & MS joined with the New York Central RR in 1912. Aside from the removal of the smaller depot extension at the far end of the building, its exterior is largely unchanged. A $600,000+ restoration project for the depot is currently in the bidding stage.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.