Silas & Jane Baldwin lived at 325 South Main until 1901 when the house in Photo 1 was demolished and replaced with the Baldwin Block building, seen in Photo 2. Over the years the building served several merchants, most notably the Ziesel Brothers dry goods store, which opened in 1904. The Ziesel Brothers store moved to Pierre Moran Mall in 1985 and the Baldwin Block was razed the next year. The parking area seen in Photo 3 now occupies the lot.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Stores & shops
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.