The Kavanaugh & Pollard grocery store occupied this corner site on South main Street from 1877-1916. First National Bank bought the building in 1917 and replaced it with the bank building seen in Photo 2. That building was expanded in 1954 as seen in Photo 3. The current look of the building is the result of major renovations in 1977 and 1988. Behind the glass skin on the High Street side of the building, the facade of the original bank building can still be seen.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.