1640 N. Delaware St., Carter-Riley-Ohr House, 1986

Description: 1640 N. Delaware St., Carter-Riley-Ohr House, 1986, [Partial view left: 1636 N. Delaware St.]
Yes
Carter-Riley-Ohr House1640 North Delaware Streetc. 1880Built sometime between 1879 and 1887, the 1887 Sanborn map records a 1-story cottage on this site, but the 1898 map records a 2 1/2-story hours of similar configuration. The first recorded owner-occupant was lawyer Nat C. Carter from 1883-85, followed by Benjamin Haugh. The house was enlarged in 1897 by owner-occupant John Riley, a train master on the Big Four Railroad. The Martin Ohr family dwelt here from 1907 until 1952.This 2 1/2 story, frame house has clapboard siding, a cross-gable roof, pedimented gables, classical cornice with small brackets, classical portico, and a second story bay. The front entrance in flanked by sidelights.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986
single-family dwelling
Origin: 1986
Source: http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/2016
Collection: Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Copyright: In Copyright
Geography: Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804
Subjects: Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis
Built environment
Historic districts
Queen Anne

Further information on this record can be found at its source.