Description: |
1640 N. Delaware St., Carter-Riley-Ohr House, 1986, [Partial view left: 1636 N. Delaware St., partial view right: 1644 N. Delaware St.] Yes Carter-Riley-Ohr House1640 North Delaware Streetc. 1880Built sometime between 1879 and 1887, the 1887 Sanborn map records a 1-story cottage on this site, but the 1898 map records a 2 1/2-story hours of similar configuration. The first recorded owner-occupant was lawyer Nat C. Carter from 1883-85, followed by Benjamin Haugh. The house was enlarged in 1897 by owner-occupant John Riley, a train master on the Big Four Railroad. The Martin Ohr family dwelt here from 1907 until 1952.This 2 1/2 story, frame house has clapboard siding, a cross-gable roof, pedimented gables, classical cornice with small brackets, classical portico, and a second story bay. The front entrance in flanked by sidelights.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1985 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Queen Anne |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.