The Odd Fellows Temple was built around 1898 in the 500 block of South Main Street and for many years housed the Helfrich Furniture Store on its first floor. Later it served the Elkhart Institute of Technology. The building was renovated by its current owners, the Elkhart Housing Partnership, in 2002/2003. In comparing the two photos, one will notice that most of the fourth floor was removed at some point in its history.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.