Collection Order
<< < > >>

Elkhart River and dam

Description: This photograph shows the Elkhart River and Dam as seen from the northeast on E. Franklin St. and what is now Waterfall Dr. (then Elkhart Ave.). The first permanent dam across the Elkhart River was constructed in 1875 by Clark Lane. The lower right side of the picture is the future site of the police station.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/isl4/id/350
Collection: Elkhart Public Library
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/;
Copyright: No Copyright - United States;
Subjects: Elkhart County (Ind.)
Dams
Rivers

Further information on this record can be found at its source.