This photograph of the St. Joseph River dam at Johnson Street was taken before 1910 when the dam was replaced by a concrete structure. The original dam was constructed in 1867-1868 from trees that area farmers had cleared off the land. It was located east of the present Johnson Street dam and bridge.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.