The Maurice Griffin & Co. store, the Griffin family business, was located on the square in downtown Corydon, Indiana for 86 years. The store was located in the middle of the block and extended the full width of the block with entrances on both Beaver Street and Chestnut Street. This photograph shows a Chestnut Street display window and entrance during the store's 50th anniversary sale in 1947. This window features womens hats and garments. This southern end of the store contained the millinery department, where Olive Griffin made and sold ladies' hats for over sixty years. Griffin's store closed for the final time in 1983.
Griffin Family Photos
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corydon, Harrison County, Indiana
Further information on this record can be found at its source.