Olive Griffin (1872-1934), daughter of Patrick and Helen Porter Griffin, established this retail store on Elm Street in Corydon, Indiana in the mid-1890s. On the back of the photograph is written "Olive's first business house, 1896." Olive had studied the millinery trade and worked several seasons in Campbellsville, Kentucky. She returned to Corydon in the fall of 1896 and opened her own millinery shop. In 1897, Olive moved her millinery business into the Griffin Store in Corydon.
Griffin Family Photos
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com
Corydon, Harrison County, Indiana
Further information on this record can be found at its source.