Description: |
This is a color postcard showing the covered bridge and mill in Bridgeton, Parke County, Indiana. In the foreground is parked a pickup truck. The bridge, built by Joseph J. Daniels in 1868, was destroyed by arson in 2005 and rebuilt by local citizens and the state of Indiana. The original mill was a saw mill built in 1823 which was later converted to a grist mill. It was rebuilt in 1869 after a fire. In the 1880s, it was again converted this time into a roller mill. A dust explosion ended it as a roller mill but it was later electrified and used as a feed mill until 1969. In 1970, new French buhr stones were installed and it again operates as a grist mill. |
---|---|
Created By: |
Mike Roe. Mike Roe. |
Contributor(s): |
Mike Roe. |
Source: |
http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll67/id/1715 |
Collection: |
Parke County Public Library |
Copyright: |
IN COPYRIGHT |
Copyright: |
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Subjects: |
Parke County (Ind.)--Pictorial works Bridgeton (Ind.) Covered bridges--Indiana--Parke County Grist mills Pickup trucks Creeks. |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.