Bridgeton covered bridge and grist mill in color postcard.

Description: This is a color postcard of the Bridgeton Covered Bridge and Bridgeton gist mill in Bridgeton, Parke County, Indiana. Crossing Big Raccoon Creek, the bridge was built in 1868 by Joseph J. Daniels. After being destroyed by arson on 28 April 2005, the bridge was rebuilt by local volunteers and the state of Indiana. The mill, originally built in 1823 as a saw mill, was converted to a grist mill. Rebuilt after a fire in 1869, it was later converted into a roller mill. A dust explosion ended its days as a roller mill but it was then electrified and operated as a feed mill until 1869. In 1970, new French buhr stones were installed and it again operates as a grist mill. This item was donated by Charles Davis.
Created By: Mike Roe.
Mike Roe.
Contributor(s): Charles Davis.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll67/id/1713
Collection: Parke County Public Library
Copyright: IN COPYRIGHT
Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Subjects: Parke County (Ind.)--Pictorial works
Bridgeton (Ind.)
Covered bridges--Indiana--Parke County
Grist mills
Creeks.

Further information on this record can be found at its source.