Description: |
1649 N. Delaware St., Roll-Timmons House, 1986, [House on left: 1653 N. Delaware St.] Yes Roll-Timmons House1649 North Delaware Streetc. 1876Built sometime between 1871 and 1887, this house was enlarged before 1898 with a front addition and porch. Winfield and Edward Neulin were tenants in 1883. The first owner-occupant was William H. Roll, who owned it from 1899 until 1935. Roll lived here only briefly around 1901. The house did not have an owner-occupant until the Timmons family purchased it in 1940.This 2 1/2-story, frame house with asphalt siding has shingle siding in the front jerkin head gable. The front gable overhangs the front wall and is pierced by a slightly recessed 3-part window in the Shingle Style. There is a pedimented entrance portico at the front facade, as well as a curved oriel. The porch posts have been replaced with steel supports.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1956 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Queen Anne |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.