Description: |
1653 N. Delaware St., Craft House, 1986, [Partial view right: 1649 N. Delaware St.] Yes Craft House1653 North Delaware Streetc. 1880This house was built sometime between 1871 and 1883. It was not until 1889 when the first owner, Richard Craft, occupied the house. Craft was the chief deputy sheriff. His wife occupied the house until 1925, at which time it served as a rental house.This 2-story frame house has undergone a transformation since its construction. The features of the house include a multi-gable roof, clapboard siding, a paneled front door with stained glass, exposed sawn rafter ends, and a 2-story corner tower with a steeply pitched hipped roof. The tower, the entrance area, and the 2-story rear portion were added sometime between 1887 and 1898. The front porch, also dating from that period, was removed sometime between 1955 and 1986.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1955 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts Queen Anne |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.