Description: |
1630 N. Delaware St., John M. Scott House, 1986, [Partial view left: 1624 N. Delaware St.] Yes John M. Scott House1630 North Delaware Streetc. 1875This house was constructed during the ownership of Jacob T. Wright between 1871 and 1887. The first owner-occupant was John M. Scott until 1910. Dr. Wilmer Christian owned the property as a rental until 1931. It largely served as a single-family rental until 1967 when six apartments were created out of the house.This 1 1/2-story, frame cottage has numerous alterations, including a two-story addition on the rear of the dwelling. There is a full-width front porch which is enclosed and glazed. The house features an angled window bay on the south facade. It has been covered with several layers of asphalt siding.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 single-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/1957 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts vernacular architecture |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.