Description: |
In 1889, Crozier Monuments was at this address having moved from the SE corner of First and Mulberry Streets. The monument company was started in 1867 by James H. Crozier, uncle to James E. Crozier who took over the business from him in 1900. It remained the Crozier Monument Company at least until the late 1940s but in the early 1950s the building housed a beauty salon and taxi cab company. It was torn down, along with the old Madison Opera House next to it, in 1960. |
---|---|
Origin: | 1945 |
Created By: |
Harry Lemen, photographer |
Contributor(s): |
Madison-Jefferson County Public Library |
Source: |
http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4038coll5/id/217 |
Collection: |
River to Rail and Lemen Collection |
Copyright: |
Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744 |
Geography: |
Indiana-Jefferson County-Madison |
Subjects: |
Business enterprises |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.