Wellington Union Church meeting minutes and agreement, 1899

Description: Meeting minutes from a meeting of the Wellington Union Church held at the Broad Ripple Methodist Episcopal Church on July 27, 1899, which concerns the transfer of land where the Union Church building once stood to the town of Broad Ripple, Indiana "for a town hall and park purposes." The original Union Church building—used by Methodist, Presbyterians, and Baptists—was constructed in 1851 at the northwest corner of Hancock and Morgan streets (now Westfield Boulevard and Guilford Avenue) on land donated by Jacob C. Coil, Jr. All money from the sale of the old church building and furniture was to be given to the Methodist Episcopal Church. There is also an agreement between the church board and the trustees of Broad Ripple for the town to accept responsibility for the transferred property, dated July 29, 1899.The towns of Broad Ripple and Wellington north of Indianapolis, merged in 1884 and continued on as Broad Ripple until the town was annexed to Indianapolis in 1922.
Origin: 1899-07-27; 1899-07-29
Created By: Wellington Union Church (Broad Ripple, Ind.)
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll31/id/1447
Collection: Indiana State Library Manuscripts Small Collections
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/
Copyright: No Copyright - United States
Geography: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Subjects: Church
Church buildings
Methodists
Broad Ripple (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Indianapolis (Ind.)
Meetings
Minutes (Records)
Wellington Union Church (Broad Ripple, Ind.)
Broad Ripple Methodist Episcopal Church (Ind.)
Real property

Further information on this record can be found at its source.