Collection Order
<< < > >>

Home of Dr. Edward Crow

Description: This home was the residence of Dr. Edward C. Crow and his wife, Dr. Elizabeth Crow. It was also the location of their osteopathic practice from around 1910 until the mid 1930s. In later years other osteopathic physicians, individuals, and businesses occupied the structure. In 1978, the building was purchased for $98,000 by Elkhart County in order to provide more office space for county employees working in the city. The building which is located across from the County Courts building housed the CETA offices at that time. This building is still standing at 401 S. Second St., but has been somewhat modified. It lost the pillars and front porches, as well as the front yard as Second Street has widened over the years.
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/isl4/id/455
Collection: Elkhart Public Library
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/;
Copyright: No Copyright - United States;
Subjects: Elkhart County (Ind.)
Houses
Historic buildings

Further information on this record can be found at its source.