Group portrait of students and staff of Emmerich Manual High School in Indianapolis in 1927. Students hold a sign stating "Deeds not Words, MTH, June 1927. "The school opened as the Industrial Training School in 1895 at 525 Meridian Street. It was renamed Manual Training School in 1899, and then Charles E Emmerich Manual Training High School in 1916, after the first Principal. It was expanded in 1920 and moved to 2405 Madison Avenue in 1953. Beginning in 1909, a sprig of ivy was planted each year on "Ivy Day."
Digital image 2015 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Panoramic Photograph Images
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emmerich Manual High School (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.