View of Riverside Park amusement park and parking lot, taken in July of 1922. The Derby Race and "The Thriller" Roller Coaster. Riverside Amusement Park was located on West 30th Street along the White River in Indianapolis. It opened in 1903, and in 1919 was purchased by John D. Coleman, who added this roller coaster and another called "The Flash." Coleman instituted a "whites only patronage" policy, angering many throughout it's long run, and the policy ended in 1963.
W. H. Bass Photo Company
Digital image 2015 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Panoramic Photograph Images
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riverside Amusement Park
Further information on this record can be found at its source.