Description: |
This sketch was copied from Sister Maurice Schnells (b. Oct. 27, 1830, d. Jan. 13, 1902) work. The text below the sketch reads: These buildings were finished in the fall of 1842. The different parts of these buildings were moved away, but the center, which was the original Providence [convent], remained until 1858 when it caught fire and burned down. |
---|---|
Origin: | 2007-09-10 |
Source: |
http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/sisters/id/471 |
Collection: |
Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
Copyright Undetermined |
Subjects: |
Artists Drawing Buildings Guerin, Theodore, Saint, 1798-1856 Religion Religious communities Religious dwellings Women Religion |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.