Postmarked April 22, 1912. Located on the southwest corner of North A and North 18th Streets. Constructed in 1898 as an elementary and high school, it was also called Central School. Although high school classes were moved to a new buillding immediately west of this structure in 1915, it remained in use as an elementary and/or junior high until 1973. The building was destroyed by fire in 1988. In 2021 the YMCA occupies the site.[A duplicate of image ia-0176-0045.]
1620 West Main Street, Elwood, Madison County, Indiana, United States
Harley Sheets Collection
Madison County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.