The two buildings that once comprised the "Central Schools" are shown. The 1915 high school is on the left, and the 1898 elementary and Junior High on the right. [See image ia-0183-0404 for earlier view of just the 1898 building.] In 1944, the High School was rededicated and renamed for Wendell L Wilkie. Both the 1915 and 1898 school archways were re-engraved with the WLW name. Both buildings were destroyed or heavily damaged by fire in 1988. The Elwood Public Library and the YMCA occupy these sites in 2021.
1600-1620 Main Street, Elwood, Madison County, Indiana, United States
Harley Sheets Collection
Madison County (Ind.)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.