Description: |
Time stamped August 15, 1978. The three statues, originally named the Races of Man, were sculpted from Indiana limestone by Karl Bitter in the 1890s for the facade of the St. Paul building in Manhattan. When the building was demolished in 1958, Indianapolis artist Elmer E. Taflinger incorporated them into The Ruins in Holliday Park. After delays, the sculpture with columns, landscaping, and a relecting pond was dedicated in 1973. |
---|---|
Origin: | 1978 |
Created By: |
Wetzel, Paul W., 1907-2000 |
Source: |
http://indianaalbum.pastperfectonline.com/photo/358606F9-6444-4288-9CAE-227739358544 |
Collection: |
Indiana Album |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/CNE/1.0/ |
Geography: |
6363 Spring Mill Road, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States |
Subjects: |
Paul W. Wetzel Collection Parks Statues Architectural decorations & ornaments Indianapolis (Ind.) Marion County (Ind.) |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.