Description: |
1830 - 1832 N. Talbott St., Carson Double Residence, 1986 [Partial view right: 1838 - 1840 N. Talbott St.] Yes Carson Double Residence1830-1832 North Talbott Streetc. 1909Between 1908-1911, this two-story double was built by John and Adalaide Carson and owned by them until 1930. Around 1948, the structure was divided into three units and was also first occupied by the owner, Samuel Armenoff, until the late 1950s, with is ownership continuing until 1975.This is a 2-story frame double which has undergone many changes. The building features a hipped roof with wide eaves, front gabled dormer, and two front oriels with shingle siding. The house is clapboard sided except for the rubble limestone facing on the front. The porch has been removed, but the low brick walls of the porch remain.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986 multi-family dwelling |
---|---|
Origin: | 1986 |
Source: |
http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/3075 |
Collection: |
Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
In Copyright |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804 |
Subjects: |
Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis Built environment Historic districts foursquare houses |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.