1838 - 1840 N. Talbott St., Carson-Tuck Double Residence, 1986

Description: 1838 - 1840 N. Talbott St., Carson-Tuck Double Residence, 1986 [Partial view left: 1830 - 1832 N. Talbott St.]
Yes
Carson-Tuck Double Residence1838-1840 North Talbott Streetc. 1910John Carson was responsible for the building of this 2-story double between 1908-1913 and resided there from 1918-1921. With his business partner Claude Tuck, Carson owned the building until around 1929, after which George Hul had title. Ralph Iovine owned and occupied the dwelling from the 1940s until 1959, with his widow Elenor remaining in the house until 1963.This 2-story frame double has features of the house to the south at 1830-34. The facades are identical and both have a low-hipped roof, a gabled dormer, two shallow front oriels, two windows, and two doors on the first floor. The house has the original wood siding with original front porch with classical columns and low brick wall. Changes include openings of the first facade window size and changes in window position.Herron-Morton Place Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1986
multi-family dwelling
Origin: 1986
Source: http://iuidigital.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/HT/id/3034
Collection: Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission Image Collection
Rights: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Copyright: In Copyright
Geography: Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, United States, http://sws.geonames.org/4259418/, 39.76838, -86.15804
Subjects: Architecture--Indiana--Indianapolis
Built environment
Historic districts
foursquare houses

Further information on this record can be found at its source.