Madison County Infirmary

Description: This building, completed in January 1878 at a cost of $7200, housed the inmates of the Madison County infirmary (or poor house.) The third of Madison County's three poorhouses, it was built on ground purchase from the Berryman Shafer family. A woman's wing was added in 1915. The facility was closed in the mid-1980's and in 1986 the land and buildings were sold to the Anderson Municipal Airport. The infirmary was demolished in September 1986.
Origin: 1930
Created By: Norm Cook
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p1819coll7/id/504
Collection: Picturing Madison County
Copyright: This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law Title 17, US Code, which governs the making of photocopies of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship or research. Though APL has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright. It is the patron's responsibility to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing material in our collections.
Subjects: Almshouses

Further information on this record can be found at its source.