Collection Order
<< < > >>

165. Jeffersonville Quartermaster Depot

Description: The image shows the interior courtyard of the United States Army Quartermaster Depot located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The wide pathway used by pedestrians and horse alike led from the front entrance on Tenth Street to the back entrance (shown). The grounds of this central headquarters was landscaped and the second floor of the back entrance housed a large room for training. Many other buildings scattered around the Quadrangle made up the depot and its leatherworks and other industries.
Origin: 1979
Created By: Day, Stephen T.
Contributor(s): Fordyce, Jerry
Source: http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll24/id/1500
Collection: Clark County Visual History
Copyright: The Jeffersonville Township Public Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights such as publicity and/or privacy rights is required for distribution, reproduction, and other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Geography: Tenth Street (Jeffersonville,Clark County, Indiana)
Subjects: Military depots
Jeffersonville (Clark County, Indiana) -- History
Jeffersonville Quartermaster Depot -- History

Further information on this record can be found at its source.