Description: |
This photograph shows the Indianapolis Convention Center, seen in the background to the right of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, as it appeared in 1972 from the roof of the Indiana State Library. The parish originated in 1837 as the Holy Cross parish, but was renamed for John the Evangelist in 1850. Opening in 1972, the Indianapolis Convention Center, located at the corner of Maryland Street and Capitol Avenue, contained a 123,000 square foot exposition hall and 25 meeting rooms. The convention center underwent a series of expansions in 1984, 1993, 2000, and 2011 and currently offers 566,000 square feet of exhibit space and 140,000 square feet of meeting space. |
---|---|
Origin: | circa 1972 |
Source: |
http://indianamemory.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16066coll13/id/2066 |
Collection: |
Indiana State Library Photograph Collections |
Rights: | http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/ |
Copyright: |
Copyright Undetermined |
Geography: |
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States |
Subjects: |
Marion County (Ind.) Indianapolis (Ind.) photographs buildings streets city life convention facilities exhibition buildings automobiles people churches |
Further information on this record can be found at its source.