This is an illustration of the building that was built on North Main Street in 1836. It began as a Tammany Hall political society, but eventually became known as the "Old Bee Hive." Community groups, such as the First Methodist class led by John Baring, could lease the second floor for their purposes.
Elkhart Public Library
No Copyright - United States;
Elkhart County (Ind.)
Public accommodation facilities
Further information on this record can be found at its source.