The French Lick Springs Hotel was purchased by Thomas Taggart in 1905 when he bought out his partners and began expanding the hotel. The expansion included building pavilions to shelter the three springs on the site, including this one, the Pluto Spring. Guests at the hotel would follow a regimen of drinking the water, taking walks and following a special diet. This view shows the newly constructed Pluto Spring pavilion with hotel guests strolling and sitting in the area around the pavilion.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order.
Bretzman, Charles F.
Digital image2012 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Panoramic Photograph Images
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com.
Indiana--Orange County--French Lick
French Lick Springs Hotel
Further information on this record can be found at its source.