Hoosier Motor Club Sociability Forty-Four Mile Run, May 16th, 1920

Description: The Hoosier Motor Club was organized in 1902 as a social group and was named the Flat Tire Club. Members participated in weekend social trips and picnics accompanied by a service car that carried spare parts, tires, and gasoline. In 1911 the group reorganized and the name was changed to Hoosier Motor Club. The office at this time was located downtown in the Claypool Hotel on Washington Street. During the early years the club evolved into a legislative power that addressed issues concerning the ownership and use of motor vehicles, development of roads, road signs, auto theft, and safety.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order.
Origin: May 16, 1920
Created By: Bretzman, Charles F.
Publisher: Digital Image2012 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Source: http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/dc013/id/334
Collection: Panoramic Photograph Images
Copyright: This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: visualcollections@indianahistory.org.
Geography: Indiana--Marion County--Indianapolis
Subjects: Group portraits
Hoosier Motor Club
Automobiles
Clubs

Further information on this record can be found at its source.