The Levey Brothers & Company building was located on State House Square at the north east corner of Ohio and Senate Avenues. The building was designed by Rubush & Hunter in 1905, the premier Indianapolis architectural firm in Indianapolis during the early part of the 20th century. Levey Brothers is described in the city directory as being lithographers, printers, blank book manufacturers, and stationers. Louis H. Levey was the president, Alfred M. Glossbrenner the vice-president, and William J. Dobyns the secretary and treasurer. In the distance to the right of Levey Brothers is the Imperial Hotel located on the north west corner of Capitol and Ohio Streets. That building was originally constructed for the National Surgical Institute but became a hotel after the Institute closed in the late 1890s.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order. Interpositives are stored in PAN number order.
Bretzman, Charles F.
Digital Image2012 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Panoramic Photograph Images
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: email@example.com.
Levey Bros. & Co. (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Rubush & Hunter (Firm)
Further information on this record can be found at its source.