St. Catherine School of Sienna students were winners during the 1934 and 1935 football and basketball campaign. The basketball team members are seen holding basketballs at the center of the large student group. St. Catherine of Sienna was founded in 1909 by Bishop Francis Silas Chatard on the south side of Indianapolis. The church was dedicated in 1910 with expansions in 1922 and 1926. The church and school were located at the corners of South Shelby and East Tabor Streets just north of Garfield Park. The church and school were razed during the 1990s.
The original nitrate negative was copied with funds provided by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission in 1990. This digital image was created from that copy. The copy prints and negatives are stored in Microfiche Number order.
W. H. Bass Photo Company
Digital Image2012 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Panoramic Photograph Images
This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on this record can be found at its source.