Collection Order
<< < > >>

Main Street, New Palestine, Indiana

Description: New Palestine was laid out in 1838 and was developed as an agricultural community. Originally the post office was called Sugar Creek and the railroad station was named Palestine. Today the farms are being replaced with houses as the area changes to a suburban community.
Origin: 1916
Publisher: Digital Image 2009 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Source: http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/ref/collection/P0391/id/1115
Collection: Postcards of Indiana the Jay Small Collection
Copyright: This image may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission. For other uses contact: visualcollections@indianahistory.org.
Geography: Indiana
Hancock
New Palestine
Subjects: Hancock County (Ind.)
Business districts
Storefronts
Dirt roads
Sidewalks

Further information on this record can be found at its source.